RouterTerm is serial terminal for Edimax BR-6104KP router running Linux. It has got 16×2 LCD display with backlight and PS/2 keyboard. It's brain is AVR 8 bit microcontroller ATmega8.
What does it do?
- shell terminal
- controlling backlight (F1 key)
- TAB for command completing, BACKSPACE
- Ctrl+C to shut-down running program
Kernel panic :
More pictures at dir.adamh.cz/router-term
Scheme and sources
Sources and binary here. Warning: the LCD backlight should be connected to the MCU by a tranzistor!
- Jan Pieter de Ruiter (PS/2 interface)
- Pascal Stang (LCD interface - part of his AvrLib)
More about the router
Edimax BR-6104KP is cheap Linux board with 2 USB ports, ethernet, 2 serial ports and some LEDs, which can be used as I/O pins (for example popular I2C interface). The project is well-documented, some sites can be seen below. If you are not an Linux-god, you can use pre-configured and compiled distributions as Midge. Router can be also used as a brain for robot:
- Article at Robotika.cz Wiki [CZ]: http://robotika.cz/wiki/RouterLinux
- Sunspot's page about the router: http://www.sunspot.co.uk/Projects/sweexproject.htm
- Midge distribution: http://midge.vlad.org.ua
- More pictures: http://dir.adamh.cz/router-term/